Friday, October 5, 2012

Food Blog Friday: Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake



I made this cake last month when out-of-town guests stopped by for my son's first birthday so that we would have a dessert to serve them in the evenings leading up to the birthday party.  I picked this particular recipe for a couple of reasons.  First, it is delicious.  It is perfectly moist with a fragrant pumpkin presence that is not to be missed.  Second, my son's birthday is at the end of September and so it seems appropriate to use fall produce.  Third, this cake was the first thing I made after having had my son last year.  I remember it clearly.  He was almost six weeks old and hanging off of me in the bjorn, fast asleep with his face in a snuggly position that only a newborn could pull off.  It seemed only fitting that it would be the last thing I would bake during his first year.

When I made this recipe nearly a year ago, it was a new one for me.  It comes from a wonderful dessert blog called Dulce Dough.  While I usually find cooking and baking ideas while reading blogs, Dulce Dough wasn't one of my regular blogs at the time.  In fact, I had never even heard of it.  Rather, I simply got the idea in my head to make a pumpkin bundt cake with a cream cheese ribbon and then started googling away.  I landed on this recipe and, being too sleep deprived to keep searching or to think of substitutions, I made this recipe exactly as instructed.  I think I hit the jackpot because it was exactly what I had wanted.

If you are interested in trying the recipe for yourself, you can find it here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julia--
    I'm so glad that you like this cake recipe! Your slice looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia,

    You have baked this cake very well. This is perfect for the fall season.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete