Friday, September 14, 2012

Food Blog Friday: Apple Cake with Cinnamon Sugar Topping from Baking in Spain



Ever since Mireia posted about this cake on her blog last spring, I knew I would have to give it a try.  This is the first of Mireia's recipes that I have tried, but I have spent months admiring her pretty pictures.  Everything she makes looks both delicious and pretty. 

This cake turned out really well.  I have made many apple cakes, but this one is a little different.  Only half of the apples go into the batter.  The other half are placed on top of the cake and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.  This results in a cake that is filled with apples and topped by a very thin crispy shell from the sugar with a thin layer of apples right underneath.  For the recipe, stop by Mireia's blog.

1 comment:

  1. That. Is a great looking cake.

    I am so happy that apple season is here!

    ReplyDelete